Check details below | U.S. Department of State/World Learning Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) 2021-2022-Welcome to Australia minds-see Application Procedures below
Deadline: February 28, 2021
Applications are open for the U.S. Department of State/World Learning Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) 2021-2022. The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) brings future leaders to the United States to experience U.S. higher education, gain critical professional skills, and explore new cultures and values.
Since 2008, World Learning has provided this opportunity to over 2,500 Global UGRAD students. Participants leave the U.S. with the tools to become leaders in their professions and communities. Global UGRAD alumni go on to receive Fulbright grants, obtain prestigious international internships, and work in business and government in their home countries and regions.
- To promote mutual understanding between people of the United States and other countries.
- Provide a fulfilling exchange experience to drive academic, cross-cultural, and leadership competencies for students from Global UGRAD countries.
- Enhance students’ academic knowledge and professional skills needed to pursue long-term academic and career goals.
- Cultivate students’ comprehensive and nuanced understanding of the U.S.
- Facilitate opportunities for students to establish social networks with U.S. host institutions and local communities.
- Empower students to engage constructively in the civic life of their local and global communities.
The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program is open to anyone who is/has:
- Over 18 years of age;
- A citizen of a UGRAD participating country, currently residing in that country;
- Enrolled as an undergraduate in good standing at any accredited university, public or private, and has at least one semester remaining at their home university at the conclusion of the UGRAD program;
- Completed secondary education in their home country;
- A solid command of written and spoken English (English Language training for some finalists is possible);
- Able to begin studies in the United States in August 2021 or January 2022 (selected participants may not defer to a later date);
- Eligible to receive and maintain the US student exchange visa (J-1) required for the program;
- Cleared by a physician to participate in the program;
- Committed to returning to their home country after the completion of the program.
Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, China, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Egypt, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Georgia, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Macedonia, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritania, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, North Macedonia, Palestinian Territories (West Bank and Gaza), Panama, Paraguay, Philippines, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zimbabwe
The deadline to apply is February 28, 2021 at midnight EST.
Click here to apply
For more information, visit Global UGRAD.