The Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Public Leaders Programme 2021 for Public Sector Executives-see Full Application Procedures, you are on Australia Minds-Welcome
Application Deadline: Friday, 19 March 2021
In collaboration with the University of Oxford’s Blavatnik School of Government, this unique programme offers senior public servants an immersive executive education experience aimed at strengthening the skills they need to build cultures of excellence, effectiveness and integrity throughout the institutions they lead. Programme graduates are able to enhance their countries’ development through improved governance and public policy creation.
Public sector executives ascending the ranks of government departments, agencies, ministries or multilateral organisations must maintain exemplary performance in their current role while developing the new skills and perspectives they will need to take on a top leadership role. The AIG Public Leaders Programme is designed to ensure these senior public leaders, and those who are moving into the senior leadership of the public-sector over the next three to seven years, master a range of new skills as quickly as possible. The programme aims to broaden their skills as public leaders and provide them with the conceptual frameworks and practical tools they need to meet the challenges of a complex and rapidly changing world.
The PLP offers insights from the world’s leading scholars and practitioners, and peer learning from participants’ counterparts. The learning experience is intense and demanding, engaging participants through a mixture of classroom discussion, simulations, practical exercises and group work.
Only the best public sector executives from across Africa will be selected to participate in this programme. Candidates will be chosen based on their public sector experience and achievements, proven leadership qualities, intellectual abilities and personal motivations and ambitions.
To be eligible for consideration candidates must:
- Be African citizens, working in the public sector within Africa
- Have a minimum of seven years of active service in the public sector
- Be at a Directorate level
- Provide evidence of game-changing leadership qualities and abilities
- Be endorsed by the Head of Ministry/ Department/ Agency where the candidate works
Please note that the final decision on the selection of participants rests with the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford
Participants will work on these critical skills:
• Communicating effectively
• Harnessing digital technology
• Reducing cognitive bias in decision-making
• Strengthening organisational effectiveness
• Maintaining personal integrity
Programme delivery: The 7-week programme will be
delivered via synchronous and asynchronous methods
with 2 live teaching weeks in Abuja, Nigeria.
• Fee: This programme is offered at no cost to eligible public sector employees who are successful in the application process
• Language: English
Graduates will be transformed by the skills and insights they acquire – skills they need to effectively and efficiently perform their roles in the public service. They will gain the know-how to share these skills and insights within their organisation and with the broader public sector, and will strengthen their ability to respond to six challenges that face all leaders of public institutions:
• Making tough decisions while managing the biases that distort decisions made under pressure
• Improving the ability of their organisation to deliver outcomes that matter to the people they serve
• Building a culture of integrity in their organisation and sector
• Communicating effectively within their own organisation, across government, and with diverse public audiences and partners
• Creating effective partnerships with businesses and social sector organisations, and negotiating internationally across sectors to deliver better services, produce better outcomes, and advance the public interest
• Adapting to changing digital technology and harnessing its benefits while managing the challenges of cyber-threats
The programme will conclude with each participant developing and implementing a practical reform in their own organisation or department, practicing the art of change management in their home settings.
Programme fee: This programme is offered at no cost to eligible public sector employees who are successful in the application process.
- Session dates: August to November 2021
- Location: Online and Abuja, Nigeria
- Application deadline: Friday, 19 March 2021
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website at www.aigimoukhuedeinstitute.org for information about how to apply to the programme.
Admission to this elite programme is selective and based on professional achievements, organisational
responsibilities and personal motivation.
If you require further information about the programme, please contact us at : [email protected]
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the AIG Public Leaders Programme 2021