The ACU Commonwealth Futures Climate Research Cohort for climate and environment researchers (Funded attendance at COP26 in Glasgow, UK)-see Full Application Procedures, you are on Australia Minds-Welcome
Application Deadline: January 31, 2021 at 23:59 UTC.
The Commonwealth Futures Climate Research Cohort is for passionate climate and environment researchers seeking to enhance their leadership and knowledge exchange skills. This unique Cohort will work together, and with experts from across the Commonwealth, to identify opportunities to engage and influence on issues of climate and environment in the lead up to COP26.
Through providing training, access to networks and COP26 travel funding, the ACU and the British Council are working in partnership to support 24 rising stars in climate and environment research who are working towards solutions for climate-vulnerable regions across the Commonwealth.
Applicants to the Cohort must be emerging research leaders based at ACU member universities.
Throughout 2021, successful applicants will benefit from:
- Funded attendance at COP26 in Glasgow, UK (travel restriction dependent)
- Leadership training with a cohort of peers through virtual, expert-led workshops
- Skills development for knowledge exchange and policy influence
- The opportunity to conduct a peer-led research-to-action project with seed funding
- Access to mentorship from an international network of climate and environment researchers through the ACU’s Climate Change and Resilience Network
Applicants will need to meet the following criteria in order to join the Cohort:
- Based at an ACU member university (see here for a list of ACU members)
- Hold a PhD at the time of application
- Be a post-doctoral researcher with no more than eight years of post-doctoral research experience working in the broad field of climate and environment research, who is in a funded research role until at least December 2021
- Have a letter signed by your head of department, supervisor, or other senior member of staff supporting your participation in this project between March-November 2021
The Commonwealth Futures Climate Research Cohort project is committed to supporting future research leaders and encourages applications from a diverse range of candidates, including those who identify as disabled.
Please click here to read our full disability support statement.
- Applicants must be a resident of an ODA-eligible Commonwealth small state, or resident of another Commonwealth country with a research focus applicable to an ODA-eligible Commonwealth small state (click here for a list of eligible countries)
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Commonwealth Futures Climate Research Cohort