Safaricom STEM Internship Program 2021 for young Kenyans-see Full Application Procedures, you are on Australia Minds-Welcome
Application Deadline: December 31st 2020
At Safaricom PLC, we take pride in continually investing in talent to ensure that we have the best pool of resources in the market and that our interns are equipped with key learning opportunities to expose and develop their skills for the future.
We are pleased to announce internship opportunities for the year 2021 within the STEM disciplines.
Our Internship program runs quarterly i.e. From February to April, May to July, August to October and November to February. Call for applications will only happen once in the year allowing you to indicate which quarter of the year you are available for. This internship will seek to expose you to the various teams within your assigned projects.
As an intern,
- You will be exposed to ‘on job training’ and exposure to our experienced leaders throughout the program.
- Work closely with different departments across organization
- You’ll tackle business challenges that make a real impact. Understand the different problems and solve them through data analytics
- You’ll work alongside teams performing real tasks and you’ll develop your skills and build your network in a dynamic environment designed to support your long-term career objectives.
- Understand the different problems and solve them through data analytics
- Access complex data sets and work with advanced analytical tools
- Gain industry experience by working with domain and technology experts
- Get knowledge in different Safaricom products and services
- Participate in ideation, brainstorming on solving data science problems
- Improve your knowledge in Software Engineering, Big Data Engineering and Data Science
- Gain understanding of Agile practices and methodologies
In keeping with our current learning needs, we are looking for candidates who meet the criteria indicated below:
Ideal candidate’s requirements:
- Desire to gain professional experience and is incredibly eager to learn and explore the corporate environment
- Oral and written communication skills, the ability to follow instructions, as well as the ability to challenge the status quo will enhance a successful internship.
- As part of the recruitment and on-boarding process the below documents will be required at a later stage.
- Letter from your college indicating you are a student there and/or require internship as part of requirement for course completion.
- NSSF, NHIF, KRA PIN & Bank account details
- Copy of National Identity Card.
- Good conduct & CRB certificate (not older than 12 months)
Please note you will be taken through a competitive recruitment process against other applicants for the internship program.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualifications, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on our recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button.
Remember to fill out your candidate profile and attach all relevant documents
Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Safaricom STEM Internship Program 2021