Check details below | Richard C. Longworth Media Fellowships 2021-2022 for Journalists in Chicago-Welcome to Australia minds-see Application Procedures below
Deadline: May 10, 2021
Applications for the Richard C. Longworth Media Fellowships 2021-2022 are now open. The Richard C. Longworth Media Fellowships, a collaboration with the Chicago Council on Global Affairs, aims to promote international reporting by Chicago and Midwestern journalists.
The fellowships are made possible by a grant from The Clinton Family Fund to honor Richard C. Longworth, a former Chicago Tribune foreign correspondent and now Distinguished Fellow at the Chicago Council. Two fellowships will be awarded each year for the next two years to journalists focusing on global issues that affect Chicago and Midwestern readers and viewers.
- Selected fellow will receive $10,000.
- Open to print, broadcast and online journalists based in Chicago or elsewhere in the Midwest.
- Staff journalists as well as free-lancers are eligible to apply.
- Field reporting should be from international locations and topics must be timely and of clear interest and importance to Chicago and Midwestern audiences.
Applications must include the following:
- A description of the proposed project and timeline in no more than 250 words.
- A preliminary budget estimate, including a basic breakdown of costs for travel, ground transportation, lodging, meals, visas and local reporting partner/translator fees.
- Distribution plan.
- Three samples of published work, either print or broadcast.
- Three professional references. These can be either contact information, or letters of recommendation. The latter is encouraged when letters from interested producers or editors are available.
- A copy of your curriculum vitae.
- Applications may also include a more detailed description of project, but this will be considered as optional supplement only. The most important part of the submission is the 250-word summary.
Click here to apply
For more information, visit Richard C. Longworth Media Fellowships.