Official Landscape Legend 2022 | Auditions, Casting & Dates
FOXTEL is casting for a replacement host for landscape designer Charlie Albone on Selling Houses Australia. We’re on the hunt for a charismatic, passionate landscaping pro. If you know more than a thing or two about gardening and are keen to give TV a crack, we want to hear from you! The successful applicant will also become News Corp Australia’s new gardening columnist.
Selling Houses Australia is a long running top rating property show on the LifeStyle Channel – it helps sell homes which are languishing on the market by improving the interiors and exteriors. You’ll join property expert Andrew Winter and interior designer Shaynna Blaze as co-host and new landscaping expert.
Applications must meet the following criteria:
• Horticultural / landscape design diploma or degree or relevant experience.
• Experience in landscape design
• Experience in hands on landscaping / gardening
• Must be a great communicator and team player and not be afraid to get your hands dirty on camera
• Ideally can write (part of the role will involve writing relevant articles/website pieces).
• Be willing to travel from July 2020 till December 2020 Australia wide. (This is close to a full time commitment which would prevent you undertaking other full time work during this period)
• Be able to attend site visits (recces) and design gardens between June 2020 and December 2020 Australia wide.
• Be available to screen test in late April, early May 2020.
• Must be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia.
Duration up to 3 mins Introduce yourself and tell us why you think you can make landscape design interesting for our viewers/or be a great replacement for Charlie. Tell us about a plant you love or garden design you’ve done and why it was interesting. Please talk directly to the camera looking down the lens.
This can be shot on a mobile phone (please hold your phone on its side in a landscape frame). You can edit clips together to make your final submission.