Check details below | KidsRights International Children’s Peace Prize 2021-Welcome to Australia minds-see Application Procedures below
Deadline: March 6, 2021
Nominations are open for the KidsRights International Children’s Peace Prize 2021. The International Children’s Peace Prize is awarded annually to a child who fights courageously for children’s rights.
All winners have shown a remarkable commitment to combating problems millions of children face worldwide. The motivation behind the prize is to provide a platform for children to express their ideas and personal involvement in children’s rights. KidsRights feels that children should be recognized, awarded and motivated in their fierce efforts to improve their own situation and that of the children in their environment and even the world.
The prize was launched by KidsRights during the 2005 World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates at the Capitol in Rome, chaired by Mikhail Gorbachev. Since then, the prize has been presented every year by a Nobel Peace Laureate. The International Children’s Peace Prize is an initiative of Marc Dullaert, Chairman and Founder of the KidsRights Foundation.
- The winner receives the statuette ‘Nkosi’, which shows how a child sets the world in motion.
- The winner also receives a study and care grant and a worldwide platform to promote his or her ideals and causes to the benefit of children’s rights.
- Furthermore, a project fund of €100,000 is invested by KidsRights in projects that are closely connected to the winners’ area of work in the country of the winner.
- Open to young changemakers above 12 years and under 18 years of age around the world.
- Self nomination is not allowed. You may want to find someone around you to nominate you for the prize.
- You may nominate a child who was previously nominated.
For more information, see FAQ and visit International Children’s Peace Prize.