Digital Future Initiative skills training program 2021 for young Nigerians-see Full Application Procedures, you are on Australia Minds-Welcome
Application Deadline: February 6th 2021
The Digital Future Initiative is a collaborative initiative of The Zariah Elizabeth Foundation, Hawksworth and Microsoft Nigeria, and seeks to train recent graduates and young professionals who need to develop in-demand digital skills to enhance their marketplace competitiveness while contributing to solving societal problems.
The Digital Future Initiative training is aimed at nurturing and equipping Nigerian youth with practical 21st-century skills to increase employability as well as entrepreneurship.
The program will be virtual and designed to be intensive, engaging and project-based, so that beneficiaries are well equipped to deliver on market demands and innovate solutions to societal problems. Trainees will also be supported to become tech entrepreneurs who develop new locally-relevant products and services.
Online learning resources and content will be provided to participants for guided learning, while weekly Ask-Me-Anything (AMA) sessions with designated industry experts will be held to assure assimilation and practical application of knowledge acquired per week.
The program is FREE but you must pass the selection phase by meeting the criteria.
Target Number of Beneficiaries
750 Beneficiaries will be enrolled for the training.
At the end of the training, students should have:
- Built a personal portfolio per their chosen track
- Obtained certificate of learning from the learning platform
- Increased employability potential
- Completed a relevant project that solves a problem within their community
To be considered for any of the specializations in the intermediate skills training, interested beneficiaries must meet both the general and specific requirements.
- Must be a graduate with at least an OND degree
- Grit to keep on learning
- Willingness to learn new concepts
- Must be able to commit at least 15 hours to learn each week throughout the program duration.
- Access to a working computer and a reliable internet connection
How the Training Will Benefit You
- Acquire top digital skills in any of 5 specializations as recommended by popular employer feedback and LinkedIn Learning as most in-demand in today’s work environment
- Meet and learn from experienced industry experts for professional mentorship
- Acquire Completion Certificates to serve as the first proof of proficiency in the learned skill
- Develop market-relevant digital skills and able to deploy same towards solving societal problems
- Be exposed to vital soft skills, employability, and entrepreneurship training that will combine to increase the employability and work readiness of successful beneficiaries.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Digital Future Initiative skills training program 2021