Check details below | Commonwealth Youth Council Executive Representatives 2021-2023-Welcome to Australia minds-see Application Procedures below
Deadline: February 21, 2021
Nominations are open for young leaders to apply to stand for positions on the Commonwealth Youth Council, the body which represents the Commonwealth’s 1.4 billion young people.
The council, one of the world’s most diverse youth-led bodies, is seeking candidates for its nine executive positions to serve from 2021 to 2023. The elected candidates will run and develop the council, organise workshops and advisory panels, give recommendations for youth development, and attend high-level, policy-shaping forums across the world.
Set up in 2013, the Commonwealth Youth Council aims to advance the youth development agenda across the 54 member countries and boost young people’s participation at all levels of decision-making.
The available positions are:
- Chairperson (open only to applicants from the Pacific region, as per the rotation policy)
- Vice-Chairperson – Inclusion and Engagement
- Vice-Chairperson – Partnerships and Resources
- Vice-Chairperson – Policy and Advocacy
- Regional Representative – Africa and Europe
- Regional Representative – Asia Regional
- Representative – Caribbean and Americas
- Regional Representative – Pacific
- Representative Special Interest Groups (any region)
- Applicants should be a Commonwealth citizen;
- Aged between 15-27 years;
- Candidates must have at least three years of experience working with a national youth council or a youth-led organisation.
After nominations and clearance, shortlisted candidates will campaign online from March 29, 2021 to May 5, 2021. The elections will take place online on May 7 and 8, 2021, while the results will be out on May 10, 2021.
Click here to nominate
For more information, visit Commonwealth Youth Council.