Check details below | British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM 2021 to Study at UK Universities-Welcome to Australia minds-see Application Procedures below
Deadline: March 21, 2021
Are you a woman with a degree in STEM subjects passionate about your study? You could receive a scholarship to study a master’s degree in a science, technology, engineering and mathematics program at a leading UK university. Apply for the British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM 2021.
The British Council has launched a scholarship program in partnership with 19 UK universities aimed at benefiting women from the Americas, South Asia and South East Asia. They are looking for women with a background in STEM, who can demonstrate their need for financial support and who wish to inspire future generations of women to pursue careers in STEM.
This scholarship program aims to increase opportunities in STEM for girls and women. According to data from the UN Scientific Education and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), fewer than 30 percent of researchers worldwide are women and only 30 percent of female students select STEM-related fields in higher education. Globally, female students’ enrolment is particularly low in Information and Communications Technology (three percent), natural science, mathematics and statistics (five percent), and engineering, manufacturing and construction (eight percent).
- Academic prestige – the UK’s universities are amongst the world’s leaders in STEM subjects.
- Economic support will include tuition fees, stipend, travel costs, visa and health coverage fees.
- Special support for mothers.
- English language support.
- Open to women who are citizens and residents of the eligible countries in the Americas, South Asia and East Asia.
- Are able to take up a full-time course of study in the UK for the academic year from Sept/Oct 2021 – 2022.
- Can demonstrate a need for financial support.
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable them to gain access onto one of the pre-selected postgraduate courses at a UK university.
- Can attain the level of English required for postgraduate study at a UK university now or upon completion of a pre-sessional English course.
- Are active in the field with work experience or a proven interest in their subject area.
- Are passionate about their course of study and are willing to engage as committed British Council scholarship alumni.
- South Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka.
- Americas: Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Jamaica, Mexico, Peru, Venezuela.
- Southeast Asia: Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam.
Applicants should complete the application form and send it to [email protected] by 12:00hrs (GMT) on March 24, 2021.
For more information, visit British Council.