Check details below | British Council Researcher Links Climate Challenge Workshops 2020-Welcome to Australia minds-see Application Procedures below
Deadline: November 27, 2020
Applications are open for the British Council Researcher Links Climate Challenge Grants 2020. Combating climate change and its impact is critical for promoting global sustainable development. This call is one of many activities the British Council is delivering in the run up to COP26 (the 26th United Nations Climate Change Conference of the Parties) which takes place in Glasgow in November 2021.
The aim is to harness the power of people all over the world – particularly young people and those most vulnerable to the effects of climate change – to connect and collaborate through culture and education to combat climate change.
Researcher Links Climate Challenge (RLCC) grants are designed to provide financial support to host virtual research workshops for participants from the UK and partner countries to work on innovative solutions to development challenges caused by climate change. Complex problems such as climate change cannot be addressed from the perspective of one discipline alone.
- Workshop themes proposed by Lead Applicants must address climate change related problems from an interdisciplinary perspective and must meet the needs of partner countries.
- The workshop themes should align with one or more of the COP26 priorities (Adaptation and Resilience, Nature, Energy Transition, Clean Road Transport, Finance).
- The themes must also be linked with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and must have a particular focus on Goal 13 (Climate Action) contributing to the global targets as stated in the guidelines for applicants.
- Leading or Established Researchers can apply to be Principal Applicants;
- Each proposal must have one Principal Applicant from the UK, as well as a Principal Applicant from the partner countries.
They invite proposals between the UK and the following partner countries:
- South Africa
Download and read the following documents:
Submit your application by 27 November 2020, 16:00 UK time
Click here to apply
For more information, visit British Council.