Check details below | Arrell Global Food Innovation Awards 2021-Welcome to Australia minds-see Application Procedures below
Deadline: February 28, 2021
Nominations are open for the Arrell Global Food Innovation Awards 2021. The Arrell Global Food Innovation Awards recognize global excellence in food innovation and community impact.
Arrell Food Institute recognizes global leaders who are ensuring future food security for the planet, and hopes to inspire new leaders to take bold steps towards change. Scientific excellence and community engagement are necessary to overcome the challenges our world will face in feeding 9 billion people and beyond.
In 2021, two awards will be given:
- One award will recognize a researcher, or group of researchers, who has advanced understanding of food production, processing, distribution, consumption, safety and/or human nutrition, with a significant positive impact on society. Likely themes include: food science, the environmental impact of agriculture, crop or livestock genetics, agro-ecology, soil health, food animal health and production, pest management, supply chain management, food processing, food packaging, food safety, food consumption, human nutrition, food retail/marketing.
- The other award will recognize an individual, or group of individuals, who has contributed to improved nutritional health and/or food security, with a focus on strengthening disadvantaged communities. Likely themes include: food sovereignty, food production, food distribution/access, food insecurity, community development and governance, household nutrition, urban poverty, Aboriginal food security, non-traditional food systems, socioeconomic policy, empowerment of under-served communities, food and nutrition literacy.
- Each of the two prizes will be worth $125,000 CAD comprising a $100,000 cash award for the personal use of recipients and up to $25,000 per award for travel and accommodation of the recipients, administered by the Arrell Food Institute at the University of Guelph.
- An award citation and a commemorative item will also be presented.
- Recipients are expected to participate in a program of events. In particular, award recipients may be asked to attend the next Arrell Food Summit. There may also be other engagements organized, subject to mutual availability.
- Given the current global pandemic a determination on the travel and accommodation component of the award will be made some time during the 2021 calendar year.
- Citizens of any country are eligible for nomination, with no restrictions on gender, race, religion, creed or residency.
- Nominations may come from private companies, academic institutions, governmental units, charitable foundations, and not-for-profit organisations.
- In the case of multiple nominations from a single organization, only the one with the latest date will be accepted.
The criteria for awarding the Arrell Food Prizes are as follows:
- The individual or group being nominated will have made exceptionally significant and documented contributions to either our scientific understanding related to food production, distribution and sales, or human nutrition/consumption; and/or at the community level in markedly improving nutrition, including access to, or distribution of food.
- The nomination package must clearly demonstrate how the individual or group being nominated played a critical leadership role in achieving the above noted contributions.
- Nominees must be able to attend the award ceremony and ancillary events.
All documents must be submitted by February 28, 2021 in PDF format to [email protected] All nominations packages will be acknowledged.
Click here for Nomination Instructions
For more information, visit Arrell Global Food Innovation Awards.